We are committed to minimising the impact of our daily operational activities on the environment.
Throughout our business we will:
Meet or exceed all environment legislation that relates to the Company.
2. MINIMISE WASTE BY:
- Accepting that although paper is still necessary for business use, we will aim to ensure that only critical documents are printed.
- Ensuring that all confidential paper is shredded and recycled through our contracted paper disposal company.
- Providing for all non-confidential paper along with card, plastic, tins and cans are recycled through our contracted refuse company.
- Recycling all used printer toners, and in turn, use previously recycled toners.
- Evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, utilising technology to further reduce any operational waste.
- Actively promote the recycling of waste both internally and amongst customers and suppliers where possible.
3. IMPROVE OUR ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE BY:
- Raising staff awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Measuring our impact on the environment and setting targets for on-going improvement.
- Conducting the majority of the business electronically via email and system links to reduce the need to print letters and produce waste.
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in environmental matters.
- Reducing the amount of energy we consume through the introduction of energy saving schemes.
- Utilise the best technology to facilitate the most convenient appointments for clients, in order to reduce travel distances and lower emissions.
- Communicate all environmental aims and objectives to employees and external stakeholders.
- This policy is the basis for our on-going environmental focus and will be used to measure and support any activities that are undertaken in order to reduce our operational impact.